- One: to obtain a temporary “pleasure”. Through normal physiological needs… exercise, games, etc., to achieve double satisfaction in spirit and body. But don’t indulge in it; because not only is it more painful, but long-term sustained excitement can also be fatal.
- Two: Defeat the pain itself.
- Three: Adapt to and get used to the pain, and integrate with the pain.
- How to “defeat” pain? Do your best and then let nature take its course. If the pain cannot be defeated, you must learn to transfer it and find additional happiness (work, travel; life, leisure, writing, etc.). Make appropriate adjustments and comfort to the beauty and ugliness of human nature. And avoid causing sad and regrettable things to happen, let alone “hot-headed” and impulsively do some extreme behaviors.
- On the Resistance and Obedience of Human Nature, General.