- Humans are a very cheap kind of creature.
- Only when they have figured out why they want to get married, why they want to have children, and then get married and have children, they will not regret it, they will not be tempted to cheat, they will not…
- But often they don’t spend much time thinking about it, just waiting. Waiting for time to slowly tell them, waiting for the cruel truth to be in front of them, waiting for them to see themselves regret. Regret getting married early, regret having children, and then regret getting divorced, regret coming to this world… Many of them, regret being alone.
- Some of them are not cheap. They never reveal a trace of their own cheapness, so outsiders don’t even know that they have ever been cheap.
- Cheapness is a kind of personality, a kind of character that human beings reflect on their own behavior. Personality has good, not good, and also bad, some people have this kind of character, some people do not; cheapness is different, it is aimed at every individual, themselves, personality + character = temperament. It’s not a matter of having or not, but of how serious or not.
- So some people say cheapness, they may not be scolding others, they may be scolding themselves. Saying that someone is very cheap, that’s not necessarily the case! So: when someone scolds you for being cheap, you can’t scold back with “you are the one who is cheap”. Instead, you should choose to say, “not as cheap as you” + “I’m cheap, but you’re even cheaper than me!” + “You are really cheap!”.
- You shouldn’t even call that scolding.