- Democracy, first of all, is not a matter of one country. It is not the American or British style of voter voting, nor the Chinese or North Korean style of full participation. It is not that you can criticize the leaders, but I can’t and be punished for my words. (Maybe this is a fallacy in itself)
- Nor is it whether power is controlled or not… The power of democracy is also power. And it is not entangled with capital. (The nature of power, like capital, is full of evil.)
- Democracy comes from the people, and should makes decisions for the people. So:
- Democracy should be “conscious”.
- Democracy may be “evil”;
- But it must be “right”.
- When serving the people wholeheartedly, can be used as the first criterion for supervision and judgment of public officials, that is when democracy really awakens its meaning. The big stick of democracy, should only be wielded for “serving the people”!