- The story takes place between two cousins who are 15 years apart in age in a rural area.
- The story begins like this. One early morning, the cousin got up and climbed to the roof of the flat house for some reason. He found that the chimneys of other houses around him were simultaneously emitting white smoke in a total amount of over a hundred, from far to near, from large to small, from thick rising pillars to thin floating ribbons, and gradually forming pillars again.
- The cousin seemed to have a premonition of something.
- Then there was a sound of thunder and rain.
- The cousin came to the edge of the roof and continued to observe the changes in the nearby chimney. The cousin who was sleeping was also awakened by the thunder and climbed up the stairs to where the cousin was. The cousin was knocked down by something blown from afar and nearby, and was bound during the development of the white smoke and raindrops. The cousin saw the struggling cousin and wanted to come forward to rescue him, but the cousin quickly shouted to run away.
- Something unexpected happened to the cousin.
- The cousin took a step from the second-floor balcony seven stories high; somehow, the cousin broke free from the bondage of white smoke and also ran to the edge of the building, witnessing the cousin landing on both feet without any external injuries.
- The cousin came to the first floor.
- No matter what the cousin said, she wanted her cousin to accompany her, maybe because she was frightened or for some other reason. The cousin’s mouth even said some ambiguous and unclear words. (The turning point of the story)
- The strong wind just now had blown open the front door on the first floor.
- The cousin stepped forward to close the door and found that there were suddenly people and lights in the neighbor’s house that usually didn’t live in. The cousin felt bad and quickly locked the door again and again. At this time, the cousin hurried over again, saying that she had just seen some indescribable things and experienced some unspeakable things.
- The cousin said that she found that white smoke had gotten on her body, her soul suddenly became uncontrollable, and at a critical moment, she resolutely jumped off the balcony, thus solving the problem of white smoke harassment. She didn’t know how, but she also became stronger. Even if the door is open, it is expected that some unclean things outside will not dare to come in recklessly.
- The cousin, as if he had a ghost in his heart, still decided to close the door. Just as he turned around, there was a knock on the door outside.
- At that time when he closed the door, the cousin who had not noticed any abnormal situation, just like when he first discovered white smoke, would have a premonition that some uncontrollable situations would happen; but at this moment his heart, that is, at that moment when there was a knock on the door outside, completely panicked!