- In the dream, Xiao Li is a detective who was sent to investigate a bizarre murder case that occurred in a village. There were no clues at the scene of the crime, only a body that was bitten beyond recognition. Xiao Li suspected that this was a murder case created by humans, and the murderer was hiding in this village.
- After careful investigation, Xiao Li discovered a secret passage hidden behind a household’s backyard. He followed the passage underground and discovered an amazing secret: there was actually a huge python being raised here, and this python could spit out deadly venom. Xiao Li immediately realized that this python was the murder weapon used by the murderer. As long as it emerged from underground at night to attack innocent villagers and then returned underground to hide, it could easily evade investigation.
- Xiao Li continued along the passage and found another exit. It was a manhole cover located on the side of the road and also a vent. Above the manhole cover was an iron chain that fixed a dead chicken. Xiao Li guessed that this chicken might have been used as bait to lure out the python for committing crimes. But strangely, this dead chicken had been dead for a long time and did not emit any odor.
- Xiao Li returned to his residence with his companions and analyzed and sorted out the details of the case there. They speculated that someone would come to take away the dead chicken and replace it with fresh bait the next day. And the reason why this dead chicken did not smell bad might be because it ate something called “chicken corpse powder”. This thing was provided by a young man named “Little Taoist” from a neighbor’s family for use by the murderer’s family.
- The next morning, after setting up an ambush on the road, the “chicken collection” team quickly revealed their true colors. They were caught respectively by Xiao Li and his companions and taken back for interrogation. After questioning and verifying evidence, the truth of the case finally came to light.